There is a close relation between your site’s search rankings and its usability.
- While interacting with the visitors how easy your site is? This is known as the usability of a website and its aim is to deliver a good user experience.
- It is crucial to create backlinks for your site and incorporate relevant keywords. Sites that give a good user experience are rewarded by the Google algorithm.
Earlier from SEO’s point of view, your site’s functionality and usability were considered as two different things. How will you boost conversions and visitor engagement? Some years ago, it was dependent on the usability of a site and it had no connection with SEO. But today, keyword optimization, link building and guest blogging are some of the SEO tactics that are very important. For optimizing your site, it is necessary to work on these. Now I am going to describe about four elements of website usability that improve your search rankings.
1.Speed of the website – For several years a pivotal ranking factor is the speed of a site. If your site takes three seconds or more to load then it frustrates the visitors and they can bounce away. It will affect your rankings on the search engine. For rankings and usability, a critical factor is to ensure a page load speed that is optimal. In this regard you can do a lot of things:
- Minimize JS, CSS and use clean code
- Enable browser caching
- Use fast hosting and CDN so that the response time of the server can improve
- Use tools for compressing images so that heavy image files can be optimized
- Reduce page redirects
For evaluating the speed of your website, you can use a tool known as Google’s PageSpeed Insights. In order to improve the speed, a recommendations’ list is provided by this tool. For example, there is a possibility of having unnecessary redirects or heavy images. You have to compress those images. The requirement for speed can be satisfied by identifying where your website lacks with the help of this tool.
2.Friendliness to mobile – Nowadays around 50.81 % of website traffic comes from mobile. For ranking of your site as well as its indexing by Google a benchmark that is set by Google is your site’s mobile version and it comes under Google’s mobile-first indexing. On Google, the rankings of your website can be made or broken effectively with the usability of your mobile. There are a number of ways for improving the mobile-friendliness of your site:
- By optimizing the layout of your content so that it can be used by a single hand – The percentage of people who use one hand to keep their mobile phone and tap it with their thumb is 75 %. On the other hand, the percentage of people who use the other hand’s finger to tap it is 10 %. So, at the screen’s areas that are easily reachable i.e., center and front, you need to make the availability of primary interactions. By doing this your website becomes easy to access.
- By removing the navigation bar – So much space can be taken up by the navigation bar. Therefore, using a hamburger menu is a better idea. By doing this a menu that is expandable can be added in the form of a navigation bar.
- By disabling pop ups – The user experience can get hurt seriously if your mobile device has pop ups. Because of this a penalty can be imposed on your site by Google. So, it will be good if you disable pop ups.
3.Quality of the content – There is a strong connection between your website’s usability and its content quality. The engagement of visitors will decrease if the content is of poor quality and it will affect the ranking of your website. The pain points, questions and desires of the audience need to be understood by you if you want to produce a content of high-quality. When using the internet, the people may be looking for certain phrases. You have to include those phrases in your site’s content.
4.Navigation of site – In the usability of your website, a key role is played by the navigation structure. Let us assume that you are running a blog website. Then in what way you will organize the blog posts? Is there any specific post in which the visitors take interest? Also, for moving from one point to the other, how many clicks one can take? For improving the navigation of your site, you need to answer these questions. To support navigation, use clickable links, recognizable icons and menu bars. If the navigation is proper then the visitors will not get frustrated and stay on the site. In this way the rankings of your website will improve.
If you are interested in getting the SEO services at affordable prices then contact SEO Company India.